Search to your heart's content

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Adrift


I backed away
Not knowing how to stay
I never needed to moor myself to the dock
We all strayed
Adrift in the current
But now I find that it is different in these waters
I drift farther and farther away from you
Wanting
To row my way back
But the tides of my fear push back
Only cementing what I wish to never happen
Pouring out like molten fire
Screaming as it strikes the cold water trapping me in stone
Can I break?
Can I find my way out?
Am I stuck here?
There is no hope.
I see that you are still drifting farther and farther away
I struggle and reach out with my hands
I finally make my way out of self-imposed chains
You couldn't be too far
I scan the seas
But I see nothing adrift in the deep dark waters
You are gone 

No comments:

Post a Comment